About Us Admissions Academics Community Online Campus Library Clinic Giving Contacts
Message from the chairperson
Academic Calendar
Catalog & Student Handbook
Academic Regulations
Institutional Info & Policies
Student Support Services
Student Support Services


New students are given a full tour of the campus, after which students will be informed of the college’s academic policies, registration process, scholastic regulations, library hours, office hours, student organizations, student code of conduct, grievance policy and procedures, and other support services available to students.

Academic Counseling

The Office of the School Dean will serve as the academic advisor or it will assign a faculty member to counsel students concerning the details of their program.  Students will receive notification of the name of their academic advisor prior to their registration in the program.

Student Body Association

This association also serves as the conduit through which students can input their ideas to the University for addressing students’ needs and interests.

Officers of the university Student Association, elected by the student body for the term of one year, are:

•  President
•  Vice-President
•  Secretary
•  Treasurer

Student Complaint Procedures

Students may direct all complaints to the Director of Student Affairs.  The Director of Student Affairs shall be responsible for taking action to remedy the complaint under California Education Code Section 73770.

A student may lodge a complaint by communicating orally or in writing to any teacher, administrator, admissions personnel, or counselor.  Faculty, administrator, or personnel who receive a complaint shall attempt to resolve all complaints that are related to his/her duties and transmit it as soon as possible to the Dean of the School.

If a student orally delivers the complaint and the complaint is not resolved either within a reasonable period or before the student again complains about the same matter, the student is recommended to submit the complaint to the Director of Dean of the School in writing using the university’s complaint form.  If the student provides a written complaint, the Dean of the School shall provide the student with a written response within 10 days of receiving the complaint, including a summary of university’s investigation and disposition of it.  If the complaint or relief requested by the student is rejected, the university shall provide the students with the reasons for the rejection.

The students’ participation in the complaint procedure and the disposition of a student’s complaint shall not limit or waive any of the student’s other rights or remedies.

Grievance Resolution Policy and Procedures

It is the aim of the university to resolve all complaints, including but not limited to, grade disputes, alleged sexual harassment or any other form of complaint in a manner that is fair and just for all persons involved.  The Grievance committee has been established for this purpose and is composed of representatives from faculty, administration and student government.  The Dean of the university serves as the chair of the Grievance Committee.

All complaints against a faculty member or staff of the university, grade disputes, or requested disciplinary action against a university student must be in writing.

When preparing a formal appeal to the Grievance Committee, the following information should be documented and submitted to the chair of the committee:

1. Nature of the complaint or dispute;
2. Date the alleged dispute or problem occurred;
3. Names of the individuals involved; and
4. Copies of all relevant documents.

All appeals, officially submitted to the Grievance Committee, will be administered as follows:

1. Date for hearing will be set within 30 calendar days from the date of the written grievance received by the committee, and
2. Within seven calendar days from the hearing, the Grievance Committee shall render a decision and forward it to the student via register mail.

If the ruling is not satisfactory to the student, he or she has the right to write to the Board of Trustees of the university within 15 calendar days from the date posted on the registered mail, which contained the Grievance Committee’s decision.  The Board of Trustees shall render a decision within 30 calendar days from the date the appeal was received by the Board.

If the Board decision still is not satisfactory to the student, he or she has the right to contact the regulatory agency named below:

State of California Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 North Market Blvd, Suite S 112, Sacramento, CA 95834
(9l6) 574-7720

Notice of Student Rights

Students matriculated at Life University are entitled to and are assured of the following rights:

•  To receive quality educational services provided by the duly qualified and experienced faculty;
•  To cancel enrollment and receive a full refund of the amount paid for tuition, fees and other instructional charges consistent with refund policies (less non-refundable fees), if notice of cancellation is delivered or mailed to the Registrar’s office prior to the posted deadline;
•  To discontinue his or her academic program at any time and receive a prorated refund for the part of the course not taken in accordance with the refund policy stated in the school catalog;
•  With a 24 hour notice to inspect and review his or her records during the normal business hours and seek correction of errors in the records through the established administrative procedures;
•  To call for a hearing in accordance with the procedures established for the purpose of resolving all types of complaints and disputes; and
•  To write to the state regulatory agency or accrediting agency to register complaints and seek fair and just remedial action.

Student Tuition Recovery Fund

The Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) was established by the Legislature to protect any California resident who attends a private post-secondary institution from losing money.  If tuition was prepaid and one suffered a financial loss as a result of the school closing, failing to live up to its enrollment agreement, or refusing to pay a court judgment, you are entitled to reimbursement.

To be eligible for STRF, the student must be a California resident and reside in California at the time the enrollment agreement is signed, or when receives lessons at a California mailing address from an approved institution offering correspondence instruction.  Students who are temporarily residing in California for the sole purpose of pursuing an education, specifically those who hold student visas, are not considered a “California resident”.

If the student is not a resident of California or is the recipient of third-party payor tuition and course costs, such as workforce investment vouchers or rehabilitation funding, the student will not be eligible for protection and recovery under the Student Tuition Recovery Fund.  The student is responsible for paying the state assessment amount for the Student Tuition Recovery Fund.

To qualify for STRF reimbursement, the student has to file an STRF application within a year of receiving notice from the Council that the school is closed. If the student does not receive a notice from the Council, the student has four (4) years from the date of closure to file an STRF application.  If a judgment is obtained, the student must file the STRF application within two (2) years of the final judgment.

It is important that the students keep copies of the enrollment agreement, financial aid papers, receipts, or any other information that documents moneys paid to the school.

Questions regarding STRF may be directed to:

State of California Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 North Market Blvd, Suite S 112, Sacramento, CA 95834
(9l6) 574-7720

Campus Emergency Plan

In case of emergency, it is important to remain calm and to listen for instructions from personnel in charge, whether these are school personnel or an emergency response team.  In all emergencies, someone should phone 911; if this is an emergency involving the whole school and is during regular office hours, someone in administration will make the call.  If this is a personal emergency, such as a medical emergency, or after hours and the office is closed, the student or a capable friend or acquaintance should make the call to 911.  

If you have not had a first aid course, you may want to familiarize yourself now with the first aid survival guide at the front of the white pages in the phone directory.  It addresses a variety of medical emergencies and earthquake issues. When you dial 911, be prepared to tell the operator:

1. the phone number from which you are calling;
2. the address (555 Redondo Beach Blvd., Gardena - if you are on campus);
3. and any special directions of how to find the victim (i.e., the second floor library;
4. describe the victim's condition (i.e., unconscious, bleeding, burned, broken bones, etc.);
5. describe what happened; how many are injured; what help is being given;
6. give your name;
7. DO NOT HANG UP until the 911 operator tells you; they may have special questions.

Medical Emergency

All students are encouraged to maintain a medical insurance policy for themselves (and their families, if they are head of household) while studying at Life University.

A first aid kit is kept in the Registrar's office for minor medical care.  Students are encouraged to provide their own first aid supplies as they know their potential medical needs better than anyone.  Students are encouraged to visit their own physicians as needed to prevent medical emergencies.

A partial list of local full service hospitals and urgent care clinics is provided here.  If a medical emergency is acute, phone 911 and request an ambulance or paramedics.

•  Memorial Hospital of Gardena (Nearest)

1145 W. Redondo Beach Blvd.
Gardena; CA

•  Care Station Carson,

21501 S. Avalon Blvd.., suite 100
Carson, CA

•  Manhattan Medical Group

15401 S. Main St.
Gardena, CA

•  Torrance Memorial Medical Center

3330 W. Lomita Blvd.
Torrance, CA


In case of fire or fire drill on the campus, all persons are to proceed quickly and calmly to the main parking lot toward Redondo Beach Boulevard (in front of the building).


While we have experienced very little crime at Life University, the possibility is still very real.  If you are the victim of a violent criminal act, or witness one, phone 911 immediately.  Also report any crime to the administration offices at the earliest possible time. Students should use caution after leaving campus at night.

Life University
Korean Ceremony